Want to Lead a Team, Volunteer and Travel for Free?
GiveGetGo is always looking for incredible people who share the same passion we do…those who want to volunteer and travel in countries abroad. Team Leaders are the reason our GiveGetGo trips are so successful and rewarding. A trained team leader will take groups of up to 10-12 people on incredible life experiencing trips abroad. A team leader’s costs are completely covered, including flights.
What will you get out of this experience besides a free trip:
- Increased leadership and project management skills, which look great on a resume
- The experience of many challenges that help you gain new problem-solving skills
- The creation of meaningful experiences for your team members
The experience alone will give you a feeling of confidence and satisfaction that you helped a wonderful experience happen for others on so many levels.
In order to be a Team Leaders there are a few things we require first:
- Previously participated in at least one GGG trip
- Have first aid and CPR certification
- Enjoy volunteering, working with groups and travelling
- Be at least 24 years of age
We will provide you with training materials as well as the support and guidance needed from our Volunteer Administration staff.
From the time the group first meets in the host country, the team leader is responsible for making sure the participants’ safety is ensured while coordinating logistics and facilitating the group experience. This person acts as the liaison between the group, the host charity, and the community.
Qualities in a Successful Leader
- Enjoys volunteering
- Enjoys travel and adventure
- Has sound leadership abilities
- Is outgoing and people oriented
- Has strong organizational and communication skills
- Can remain calm and optimistic in all situations
- Performs well under stressful conditions
- Has passion and enthusiasm for international development
There are 3 steps to apply:
1. Fill out the on-line application (our registration form)
2. Send us an email and tell us why you feel you would be a great GiveGetGo team leader. Be sure to include your past experiences with us and/or other groups, your international experience, your leadership ability and your availability and time commitment.
3. We will contact you within 2 to 3 weeks of your application. If accepted, we’ll send you the Team Leader training manual and begin the training process.
If you have any questions about the application process or would like to know more about what being a Team Leader entails, please contact us at 1-800-430-1457 or email@example.com.